Plastic Machining Inc. has extensive experience in machining Tefzel® ETFE parts and is able to make them to your specifications or help you design parts to fit your needs. Processing and machining of Tefzel® parts takes place in a completely controlled environment, and complete records of our products are maintained. Excellence is built into every part that we machine.
For an affordable quote on your custom Tefzel® ETFE parts, please e-mail us, call us at 888-761-4262, or use our contact form.
Tefzel® ETFE (ethylene tetrafluoroethylene) is a fluorocarbon-based polymer that provides both corrosion resistance and mechanical strength over a wide temperature range. As part of the fluoroplastic family, this material exhibits high chemical resistance, low and high temperature capability, resistance to weathering, low friction, and electrical and thermal insulation. In addition, Tefzel® ETFE offers high purity, good permeability resistance, and excellent abrasion resistance over a temperature range of -300°F to +300°F (-185°C to +150°C).
Tefzel® ETFE Applications
- Bearings – sleeve and thrust
- Compressors & pumps – linings and components
- Cryogenic applications – super cold refrigeration components
- Electrical components – insulators and cable clamps
- Films – food packaging, pharmaceutical packaging, optical recording, and electroluminescent display panels
- Gaskets – pressure, diaphragm, liquid gauge seals, and fluid handling
- Process vessels – tank construction and linings
- Stock shapes – for machining components
- Valves – linings, seats, and seals
- Wire and cables – insulation and jacketing
Some of the Tefzel parts we machine are:
- Back-up Rings
- Medical Parts
- Semiconductor Parts
- Valve Seats
- Wear Pads
Tefzel® is the registered trademark of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.