Plastic Machining Inc. has extensive experience in machining Neoflon® parts and is able to make them to your specifications or help you design parts to fit your needs. Processing and machining of Neoflon® parts takes place in a completely controlled environment, and complete records of our products are maintained. Excellence is built into every part that we machine.
For an affordable quote on your custom Neoflon® parts, please e-mail us, call us at 888-761-4262, or use our contact form.
Neoflon®, a brand name of PCTFE (polychlorotrifluoroethylene), is a fluorocarbon-based polymer manufactured by Daikin Industries Ltd. This PCTFE resin has the same chemical structure and properties as the original Kel-F® brand material. PCTFE offers excellent physical and mechanical properties, no flammability, good chemical resistance, near zero moisture absorption, and excellent electrical properties. These characteristics cannot be found in any other thermoplastic fluoropolymers with a useful temperature range of -400°F to +400°F (-240°C to +204°C). PCTFE also has extremely low outgassing (0.01% TML, 0.00% CVCM, 0.00% WVR when tested per ASTM E-595-90), so it is suitable for use in aerospace and flight applications.
See also: PCTFE® Plastic Machined Parts
Notable Material Features
- PCTFE offers excellent physical, mechanical, and electrical properties
- No flammability
- Good chemical resistance
- Near zero moisture absorption
- Wire and cables – insulation and jacketing
- Cryogenic applications – super-cold refrigeration components
- Valves – seats, stems, and seals
- Compressors and pumps – linings and components
- Films – food packaging, pharmaceutical packaging, optical recording, and electroluminescent display panels
- Electrical components – insulators and cable clamps
- Gaskets – pressure, diaphragm, liquid gauge seals, and fluid handling
- Bearings – sleeve and thrust
- Stock shapes – for machining components
- Seals – lips, o-rings, v-rings, and special construction seals
Some of the Neoflon® parts we machine are:
- Back-up Rings
- Medical Parts
- Semiconductor Parts
- Valve Seats
- Wear Pads
Kel-F® is a registered trademark of 3M Company. Neoflon® is a registered trademark of Daikin Industries Ltd.