Plastic Machining Inc. has extensive experience in machining PCTFE parts and is able to make them to your specifications or help you design parts to fit your needs. Processing and machining of PCTFE parts takes place in a completely controlled environment, and complete records of our products are maintained. Excellence is built into every part that we machine.
For an affordable quote on your custom PCTFE parts, please e-mail us, call us at 888-761-4262, or use our contact form.
PCTFE (polychlorotrifluoroethylene) is a fluorocarbon-based polymer. It was first sold as the brand name Kel-F® by 3M; however, production was discontinued in 1995. Now PCTFE is sold under the brand name Neoflon®, made by Daikin Industries Ltd. This PCTFE resin has the same chemical structure and properties as the original Kel-F® brand material.
PCTFE offers excellent physical and mechanical properties, no flammability, good chemical resistance, near zero moisture absorption, and excellent electrical properties. These characteristics cannot be found in any other thermoplastic fluoropolymers with a useful temperature range of -400°F to +400°F (-240°C to +204°C). PCTFE also has extremely low out gassing (0.01% TML, 0.00% CVCM, 0.00% WVR when tested per ASTM E-595-90), so it is suitable for use in aerospace and flight applications.
See also: Kel-F® Plastic Machined Parts | Neoflon® Plastic Machind Parts
Notable Material Features
- Excellent water repulsion properties
- PCTFE offers excellent physical, mechanical, and electrical properties
- Good chemical resistance
- Exhibits near zero moisture absorption and non wetting properties
- Process vessels – tank construction and linings
- Wire and cables – insulation and jacketing
- Cryogenic applications – super-cold refrigeration components
- Valves – linings, seats, and seals
- Films – food packaging, pharmaceutical packaging, optical recording, and electroluminescent display panels
- Compressors and pumps – linings and components
- Electrical components – insulators and cable clamps
- Gaskets – pressure, diaphragm, liquid gauge seals, and fluid handling
- Bearings – sleeve and thrust
- Stock shapes – for machining components
Some of the PCTFE parts we machine are:
- Back-up Rings
- Medical Parts
- Semiconductor Parts
- Valve Seats
- Wear Pads
Kel-F® is a registered trademark of 3M Company. Neoflon® is a registered trademark of Daikin Industries Ltd.