Plastic Machining Inc. has extensive experience in machining Kel-F® PCTFE parts and is able to make them to your specifications or help you design parts to fit your needs. Processing and machining of Kel-F® parts takes place in a completely controlled environment, and complete records of our products are maintained. Excellence is built into every part that we machine.
For an affordable quote on your custom Kel-F® PCTFE parts, please e-mail us, call us at 888-761-4262, or use our contact form.
PCTFE (polychlorotrifluoroethylene) is a fluorocarbon-based polymer. The Kel-F® brand of PCTFE is a registered trademark of 3M, but they discontinued production in 1995. The only remaining brand, Neoflon®, is made by Daikin Industries Ltd. and has the same chemical structure and properties as the original Kel-F® brand material
PCTFE offers excellent physical and mechanical properties, no flammability, good chemical resistance, near zero moisture absorption, and excellent electrical properties. These characteristics cannot be found in any other thermoplastic fluoropolymers with a useful temperature range of -400°F to +400°F (-240°C to +204°C). PCTFE also has extremely low out gassing (0.01% TML, 0.00% CVCM, 0.00% WVR when tested per ASTM E-595-90), so it is suitable for use in aerospace and flight applications.
See also: PCTFE Plastic Machined Parts | Neoflon® Plastic Machind Parts
Notable Material Features
- PCTFE offers excellent physical and mechanical properties, and excellent electrical properties.
- No flammability
- Good chemical resistance
- Near zero moisture absorption
- Cryogenic applications – super-cold refrigeration components
- Valves – seats, stems, and seals
- Seals – lips, o-rings, v-rings, and special construction seals
- Films – food packaging, pharmaceutical packaging, optical recording, and electroluminescent display panels
- Compressors and pumps – linings and components
- Bearings – sleeve and thrust
- Gaskets – pressure, diaphragm, liquid gauge seals, and fluid handling
- Stock shapes – for machining components
Some of the Kel-F® PCTFE parts we machine are:
- Back-up Rings
- Medical Parts
- Semiconductor Parts
- Valve Seats
- Wear Pads
Kel-F® is the registered trademark of 3M Company. Neoflon® is a registered trademark of Daikin Industries Ltd.